Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 21. Foreign Personal Representatives; Ancillary Administration
- Section 5. Definitions.
previous: Chapter 21
. Foreign Personal Representatives; Ancillary Administration
next: Section 10
. Payment of Debts of $2,000 or More and Delivery of Property Worth $2,000 or More Without Local Administration. [Repealed, Sec. 18 Ch 56 SLA 1973].
AS 13.21.005. Definitions.
In this chapter
- (1) "local administration" means administration by a personal representative appointed in this state under appointment
proceedings described in AS 13.16;
- (2) "local personal representative" includes any personal representative appointed in this state under appointment
proceedings described in AS 13.16 and excludes foreign personal
representatives who acquire the power of a local personal representative under AS 13.21.035;
- (3) "resident creditor" means a person domiciled in, or doing business in this state, who is, or could be, a claimant
against an estate of a nonresident decedent.
Article 02. POWERS OF FOREIGN PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.