Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 16. Probate of Wills and Administration
- Section 595. Distributions to Trustee.
previous: Section 590
. Private Agreements Among Successors to Decedent Binding On Personal Representative.
next: Section 600
. Disposition of Unclaimed Assets.
AS 13.16.595. Distributions to Trustee.
- (a) Before distributing to a trustee, the personal representative may require that the trust be registered if the state in
which it is to be administered provides for registration and that the trustee inform the beneficiaries as provided in
- (b) If the trust instrument does not excuse the trustee from giving bond, the personal representative may petition the
appropriate court to require that the trustee post bond if the personal representative apprehends that distribution
might jeopardize the interests of persons who are not able to protect themselves, and the personal representative may
withhold distribution until the court has acted.
- (c) No inference of negligence on the part of the personal representative shall be drawn from failure to exercise the
authority conferred by (a) and (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.