Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 16. Probate of Wills and Administration
- Section 110. Informal Appointment Proceedings; Delay in Order; Duty of Registrar; Effect of Appointment.
previous: Section 105
. Informal Probate; Notice Requirements.
next: Section 115
. Informal Appointment Proceedings; Proof and Findings Required.
AS 13.16.110. Informal Appointment Proceedings; Delay in Order; Duty of Registrar; Effect of Appointment.
- (a) Upon receipt of an application for informal appointment of a personal representative other than a special
administrator as provided in AS 13.16.310
, if at least 120 hours have elapsed since the decedent's death, the registrar, after making the findings required by
, shall appoint the applicant subject to qualification and acceptance; however, if the decedent was a nonresident, the
registrar shall delay the order of appointment until 30 days have elapsed since death unless the personal
representative appointed at the decedent's domicile is the applicant, or unless the decedent's will directs that the
estate be subject to the laws of this state.
- (b) The status of personal representative and the powers and duties pertaining to the office are fully established by
informal appointment. An appointment, and the office of personal representative created thereby, is subject to
termination as provided in AS 13.16.280
- 13.16.300, but is not subject to retroactive
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.