Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 16. Probate of Wills and Administration
- Section 35. Scope of Proceedings; Proceedings Independent; Exception.
previous: Section 30
. Proceedings Within the Exclusive Jurisdiction of Court; Service; Jurisdiction Over Persons.
next: Section 40
. Probate, Testacy, and Appointment Proceedings; Ultimate Time Limit..
AS 13.16.035. Scope of Proceedings; Proceedings Independent; Exception.
Unless supervised administration as described in AS 13.16.215
- 13.16.235 is involved,
- (1) each proceeding before the court or registrar is independent of any other proceeding involving the same estate;
- (2) petitions for formal orders of the court may combine various requests for relief in a single proceeding if the orders
sought may be finally granted without delay; except as required for proceedings which are particularly described by
other sections of this chapter, no petition is defective because it fails to embrace all matters which might then be
the subject of a final order;
- (3) proceedings for probate of wills or adjudications of no will may be combined with proceedings for appointment of
personal representatives; and
- (4) a proceeding for appointment of a personal representative is concluded by an order making or declining the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.