Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 6. General Provisions, Definitions, and Probate Jurisdiction of Court
- Section 70. Venue; Multiple Proceedings; Transfer.
previous: Section 68
. Choice of Law; Validity.
next: Section 80
. Records and Certified Copies.
AS 13.06.070. Venue; Multiple Proceedings; Transfer.
- (a) Where a proceeding under AS 13.06 - AS 13.36 could be maintained in more than one place in this state, the
court in which the proceeding is first commenced has the exclusive right to proceed.
- (b) If proceedings concerning the same estate, protected person, ward, or trust are commenced in more than one court of
this state, the court in which the proceeding was first commenced shall continue to hear the matter, and the other
courts shall hold the matter in abeyance until the question of venue is decided, and if the ruling court determines
that venue is properly in another court, it shall transfer the proceeding to the other court.
- (c) If a court finds that in the interest of justice a proceeding or a file should be located in another court of this
state, the court making the finding may transfer the proceeding or file to the other court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.