Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, and Trusts.
- Chapter 6. General Provisions, Definitions, and Probate Jurisdiction of Court
- Section 10. Purposes; Rule of Construction.
previous: Section 5
. Short Title.
next: Section 15
. Supplementary General Principles of Law Applicable.
AS 13.06.010. Purposes; Rule of Construction.
- (a) AS 13.06 - AS 13.36 shall be liberally construed and applied to promote their
underlying purposes and policies.
- (b) The underlying purposes and policies of AS 13.06 - AS 13.36 are to
- (1) simplify and clarify the law concerning the affairs of decedents, missing persons, protected persons, minors, and
- (2) discover and make effective the intent of a decedent in distribution of the decedent's property;
- (3) promote a speedy and efficient system for liquidating the estate of the decedent and making distribution to the
- (4) facilitate use and enforcement of certain trusts; and
- (5) make uniform the law among the various jurisdictions.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.