Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 70. Uniform Criminal Extradition Act
- Section 40. Extradition of Persons Imprisoned or Awaiting Trial in Another State or Who Have Left the Demanding State Under Compulsion.
previous: Section 30
. Investigation of Demand and Report.
next: Section 50
. Extradition of Person Not Present in Demanding State at Time of Commission of Crime.
AS 12.70.040. Extradition of Persons Imprisoned or Awaiting Trial in Another State or Who Have Left the Demanding State Under Compulsion.
- (a) When it is desired to have returned to this state a person charged in this state with a crime, and that person is
imprisoned or is held under criminal proceedings then pending against that person in another state, the governor of
this state may agree with the executive authority of the other state for the extradition of that person before the
conclusion of the proceedings or the term of sentence in the other state, upon condition that the person be returned to
the other state at the expense of this state as soon as the prosecution in this state is terminated.
- (b) The governor of this state may also surrender on demand of the executive authority of another state a person in this
state who is charged in the manner provided in AS 12.70.220
with having violated the laws of the state whose executive authority is making the demand, even though that person
left the demanding state involuntarily.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.