Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 36. Disposition of Recovered or Seized Property
- Section 60. Disposal of Forfeited Deadly Weapons.
previous: Section 50
. Remission of Forfeited Property.
next: Section 90
AS 12.36.060. Disposal of Forfeited Deadly Weapons.
- (a) A deadly weapon, other than a firearm or ammunition, forfeited to the state under AS 12.55.015
(a)(9), unless remitted under AS 12.36.050
, shall be disposed of by the commissioner of public safety under this section. Under this subsection, the commissioner
of public safety
- (1) may declare a weapon surplus and transfer it to the commissioner of administration;
- (2) may, if the weapon is suitable for law enforcement purposes, training, or identification, retain the weapon for use by
the Department of Public Safety or transfer the weapon to the municipal law enforcement agency making the arrest that
led to the forfeiture;
- (3) shall destroy a weapon that is unsafe or unlawful.
- (b) The commissioner of public safety may adopt regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of this section.
- (c) A firearm or ammunition forfeited to the state under AS 12.55.015(a)(9), unless remitted under AS 12.36.050
, shall be disposed of as provided in AS 18.65.340
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.