Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 12. Code of Criminal Procedure
- Chapter 10. Limitations of Actions
- Section 40. When Period of Limitation Does Not Run.
previous: Section 30
. When Period of Limitation Runs.
next: Chapter 15
AS 12.10.040. When Period of Limitation Does Not Run.
- (a) The period of limitation does not run during any time when the accused, with a purpose to avoid detection,
apprehension, or prosecution, is outside the state or is absent from the accused's usual place of abode within the
state, but in no case shall this provision extend the period of limitation otherwise applicable by more than three
- (b) The period of limitation does not run during any time when a prosecution against the accused for the same conduct is
pending in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.