Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 61. Offenses Against Public Order
- Section 125. Distribution of Child Pornography.
previous: Section 123
. Indecent Viewing or Photography.
next: Section 127
. Possession of Child Pornography.
AS 11.61.125. Distribution of Child Pornography.
- (a) A person commits the crime of distribution of child pornography if the person brings or causes to be brought into the
state for distribution, or in the state distributes, or in the state possesses, prepares, publishes, or prints with
intent to distribute, any material that visually or aurally depicts conduct described in AS 11.41.455
(a), knowing that the production of the material involved the use of a child under 18 years of age who engaged in the
- (b) This section does not apply to acts that are an integral part of the exhibition or performance of a motion picture if
the acts are performed within the scope of employment by a motion picture operator or projectionist employed by the
owner or manager of a theater or other place for the showing of motion pictures, unless the motion picture operator or
- (1) has a financial interest in the theater or place in which employed; or
- (2) causes the performance or motion picture to be performed or exhibited without the consent of the manager or owner of
the theater or other place of showing.
- (c) The possession of 100 or more films, audio, video, electronic, or electromagnetic recordings, photographs, negatives,
slides, books, newspapers, magazines, or other materials, including a combination of these items totaling 100 or more,
is prima facie evidence of distribution and intent to distribute under (a) of this section.
- (d) In this section, "distribution" includes the following, whether or not for monetary or other consideration:
delivering, selling, renting, leasing, lending, giving, circulating, exhibiting, presenting, providing, exchanging,
placing on a computer network or computer system, and providing billing collection, or other ancillary services for or
otherwise supporting these activities.
- (e) Distribution of child pornography is a
- (1) class B felony; or
- (2) class A felony if the person has been previously convicted of distribution of child pornography in this jurisdiction
or a similar crime in this or another jurisdiction.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.