Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 56. Offenses Against Public Administration
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 870
. Renumbered as AS 11.56.845
next: Chapter 60
. Offenses Against Public Policy
AS 11.56.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "improperly influence a witness" means to cause or induce a witness to
- (A) testify falsely, offer misleading testimony, or unlawfully withhold testimony in an official proceeding;
- (B) avoid or attempt to avoid legal process summoning the witness to testify in an official proceeding, regardless of
whether legal process has issued;
- (C) be absent from an official proceeding to which the witness has been summoned; or
- (D) engage in conduct described in AS 11.56.610
- (2) "judicial officer" means a supreme court justice, including the chief justice, a judge of the court of appeals, a
judge of the superior court, a district court judge, or a magistrate;
- (3) "juror" means a person who is a member of an impanelled jury or a person who has been drawn or summoned to attend as a
- (4) "physical evidence" means an article, object, document, record, or other thing of physical substance;
- (5) "testimony" means oral or written statements, documents, or other material that may be offered by a witness in an
- (6) "witness" means
- (A) a witness summoned or appearing in an official proceeding; or
- (B) a person who the defendant believes may be called as a witness in an official proceeding, present or future.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.