Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 11. Criminal Law
- Chapter 51. Offenses Against the Family and Vulnerable Adults
- Section 110. Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the Second Degree.
previous: Section 100
. Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the First Degree.
next: Section 120
. Criminal Nonsupport.
AS 11.51.110. Endangering the Welfare of a Child in the Second Degree.
- (a) A person commits the crime of endangering the welfare of a child in the second degree if the person, while caring for
a child under 10 years of age,
- (1) causes or allows the child to enter or remain in a dwelling or vehicle in which a controlled substance is stored in
violation of AS 11.71; or
- (2) is impaired by an intoxicant, whether or not prescribed for the person under AS 17.30, and there is no third person who is at least 12 years of age
and not impaired by an intoxicant present to care for the child.
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "impaired" means that a person is unconscious or a person is physically or mentally affected so that the person does
not have the ability to care for the basic safety or personal needs of a child with the caution characteristic of a
sober person of ordinary prudence;
- (2) "intoxicant" has the meaning given in AS 47.10.990
- (c) Endangering the welfare of a child in the second degree is a violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.