(a) A person commits the crime of criminal mischief in the fourth degree if, having no right to do so or any reasonable ground to believe the person has such a right,
(1) with intent to damage property of another, the person damages property of another in an amount, adjusted for inflation as provided in AS 11.46.982, of $250 or more but less than $750;
(2) the person tampers with a fire protection device in a building that is a public place;
(3) the person knowingly accesses a computer, computer system, computer program, computer network, or part of a computer system or network;
(4) the person uses a device to descramble an electronic signal that has been scrambled to prevent unauthorized receipt or viewing of the signal unless the device is used only to descramble signals received directly from a satellite or unless the person owned the device before September 18, 1984; or
(5) the person knowingly removes, relocates, defaces, alters, obscures, shoots at, destroys, or otherwise tampers with an official traffic control device or damages the work on a highway under construction.
(b) Criminal mischief in the fourth degree is a class A misdemeanor.
(c) [Repealed, § 11 ch 71 SLA 1996.]
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 11.46.100. Theft defined.
- Sec. 11.46.110. Consolidation of theft offenses: Pleading and proof.
- Sec. 11.46.120. Theft in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.130. Theft in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.140. Theft in the third degree. Repealed
- Sec. 11.46.150. Theft in the fourth degree.
- Sec. 11.46.160. Theft of lost or mislaid property.
- Sec. 11.46.180. Theft by deception.
- Sec. 11.46.190. Theft by receiving.
- Sec. 11.46.200. Theft of services.
- Sec. 11.46.210. Theft by failure to make required disposition of funds received or held.
- Sec. 11.46.220. Concealment of merchandise. Repealed
- Sec. 11.46.230. Reasonable detention as defense.
- Sec. 11.46.260. Removal of identification marks.
- Sec. 11.46.270. Unlawful possession.
- Sec. 11.46.280. Issuing a bad check.
- Sec. 11.46.285. Fraudulent use of an access device.
- Sec. 11.46.290. Obtaining an access device or identification document by fraudulent means.
- Sec. 11.46.295. Prior convictions.
- Sec. 11.46.300. Burglary in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.310. Burglary in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.315. Possession of burglary tools.
- Sec. 11.46.320. Criminal trespass in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.330. Criminal trespass in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.340. Defense: emergency use of premises.
- Sec. 11.46.350. Definition; privilege to enter or remain on unimproved land. Repealed
- Sec. 11.46.360. Vehicle theft in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.365. Vehicle theft in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.400. Arson in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.410. Arson in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.420. Arson in the third degree.
- Sec. 11.46.427. Criminally negligent burning in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.430. Criminally negligent burning in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.450. Failure to control or report a dangerous fire.
- Sec. 11.46.460. Disregard of a highway obstruction.
- Sec. 11.46.462. Unlawful possession of official traffic control device.
- Sec. 11.46.475. Criminal mischief in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.480. Criminal mischief in the second degree. Repealed
- Sec. 11.46.482. Criminal mischief in the third degree.
- Sec. 11.46.486. Criminal mischief in the fifth degree.
- Sec. 11.46.487. Forfeiture of property upon conviction.
- Sec. 11.46.489. Community work upon conviction. Renumbered
- Sec. 11.46.495. Definitions.
- Sec. 11.46.500. Forgery in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.505. Forgery in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.510. Forgery in the third degree.
- Sec. 11.46.520. Criminal possession of a forgery device.
- Sec. 11.46.530. Criminal simulation.
- Sec. 11.46.540. Obtaining a signature by deception.
- Sec. 11.46.550. Offering a false instrument for recording in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.560. Offering a false instrument for recording in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.565. Criminal impersonation in the first degree.
- Sec. 11.46.570. Criminal impersonation in the second degree.
- Sec. 11.46.580. Definitions.
- Sec. 11.46.600. Scheme to defraud.
- Sec. 11.46.620. Misapplication of property.
- Sec. 11.46.630. Falsifying business records.
- Sec. 11.46.660. Commercial bribe receiving.
- Sec. 11.46.670. Commercial bribery.
- Sec. 11.46.710. Deceptive business practices.
- Sec. 11.46.720. Misrepresentation of use of a propelled vehicle.
- Sec. 11.46.730. Defrauding creditors.
- Sec. 11.46.740. Criminal use of computer.
- Sec. 11.46.980. Determination of value; aggregation of amounts.
- Sec. 11.46.982. Adjustment for inflation increasing the value of property or services as an element of an offense.
- Sec. 11.46.985. Deceiving a machine.
- Sec. 11.46.990. Definitions.