Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 50. Alaska Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Section 185. Resignation of Member.
previous: Section 180
. Rights of Assignor When Assignee Becomes a Member.
next: Section 190
. Withdrawal Before End of Term or Undertaking. [Repealed, Sec. 23 Ch 78 SLA 1997].
AS 10.50.185. Resignation of Member.
- (a) A member may not resign from a limited liability company except at the time or upon the happening of events specified
in the operating agreement of the company and in accordance with the operating agreement of the company.
- (b) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary under applicable law, unless an operating agreement of the company provides
otherwise, a member may not resign from a limited liability company before the dissolution and winding up of the
limited liability company.
- (c) If the resignation of a member violates an operating agreement of the company, in addition to any remedy otherwise
available under applicable law, a limited liability company may recover from the resigning member damages for breach of
the operating agreement and may offset the damages against the amount otherwise distributable to the resigning member.
- (d) Unless otherwise provided in an operating agreement of the company and except for termination under AS 10.50.205
, after a member resigns from a limited liability company, the rights of the former member are those of an assignee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.