Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 25. Electric and Telephone Cooperative Act
- Section 250. Contents of Articles of Merger.
previous: Section 245
. Merger of Cooperative and Corporation Organized Under AS 10.05
. [Repealed, Sec. 24 Ch 134 SLA 1988]
next: Section 260
AS 10.25.250. Contents of Articles of Merger.
- (a) The articles of merger must recite that they are executed under this chapter and must state
- (1) the name of each merging cooperative and the address of its principal office;
- (2) the name of the surviving cooperative and the address of its principal office;
- (3) a statement that each merging cooperative and the surviving cooperative agree to the merger;
- (4) the names and addresses of the directors of the surviving cooperative;
- (5) the terms and conditions of the merger and the manner of carrying it into effect, including the manner in which
members of the merging cooperatives may or shall become members of the surviving cooperative.
- (b) The articles of merger may contain provisions not inconsistent with this chapter that are considered necessary or
advisable for the conduct of the business of the surviving cooperative.
- (c) The presiding officer of each cooperative shall make and annex to the articles an affidavit stating that the
provisions of this section regarding the articles were complied with by the cooperative.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.