Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 20. Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Section 720. Definitions.
previous: Section 715
. Application to Foreign and Interstate Commerce.
next: Section 725
. Short Title.
AS 10.20.720. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "articles of incorporation" means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of consolidation and
all amendments to them, including articles of merger;
- (2) "board of directors" means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation
irrespective of the name by which the group is designated;
- (3) "bylaws" means the code or codes of rules adopted for the regulation or management of the affairs of the corporation
irrespective of the name or names by which the rules are designated;
- (4) "commissioner" means commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (5) "corporation" or "domestic corporation" means a nonprofit corporation subject to the provisions of this chapter,
except a foreign corporation;
- (6) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (7) "foreign corporation" means a nonprofit corporation organized under laws other than the laws of this state;
- (8) "insolvent" means inability of a corporation to pay its debts as they become due in the usual course of its business;
- (9) "member" means one having membership rights in a corporation in accordance with the provisions of its articles of
incorporation or bylaws;
- (10) "nonprofit corporation" means a corporation no part of the income or profit of which is distributed to its members,
directors or officers.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.