Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 20. Alaska Nonprofit Corporation Act
- Section 176. Procedure to Amend Articles of Incorporation.
previous: Section 171
. Right to Amend Articles of Incorporation.
next: Section 181
. Articles of Amendment.
AS 10.20.176. Procedure to Amend Articles of Incorporation.
- (a) Amendments to the articles of incorporation shall be made in the manner set out in this section.
- (b) If there are members entitled to vote, the board of directors shall adopt a resolution setting out the proposed
amendment and directing that it be submitted to a vote at a meeting of members entitled to vote, which may be either an
annual or a special meeting. Written notice setting out the proposed amendment or a summary of the changes shall be
given to each member entitled to vote within the time and in the manner provided in this chapter for the giving of
notice of meetings of members. The proposed amendment shall be adopted upon receiving at least two-thirds of the votes
which members present at the meeting or represented by proxy are entitled to cast.
- (c) If there are no members, or no members entitled to vote, an amendment shall be adopted at a meeting of the board of
directors upon receiving the vote of a majority of the directors in office.
- (d) Any number of amendments may be submitted and voted upon at any one meeting.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.