Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 440. Merger or Consolidation of Cooperatives and Domestic and Foreign Corporations.
previous: Section 435
. Effect of Merger or Consolidation.
next: Section 445
. Influence of the Nature of the Surviving or New Corporation Upon the Effect of Merger or Consolidation.
AS 10.15.440. Merger or Consolidation of Cooperatives and Domestic and Foreign Corporations.
- (a) One or more cooperatives may merge or consolidate with or into one or more of the following classes of business
- (1) a domestic corporation if the domestic corporation complies with AS 10.06 (Alaska Corporations Code) relating to merger or
- (2) a foreign cooperative if the merger or consolidation is permitted by the laws of the state under which the foreign
cooperative is organized and the foreign cooperative complies with the applicable provisions of those laws;
- (3) a foreign business corporation if the merger or consolidation is permitted by the laws of the state under which the
foreign corporation is organized and the foreign corporation complies with the applicable provisions of those laws.
- (b) Each cooperative merging or consolidating under this section shall comply with the provisions of this chapter relating
to merger or consolidation.
- (c) If the surviving or new business corporation or cooperative, as the case may be, is governed by the laws of another
state, it shall comply with the provisions of the AS 10.06
(Alaska Corporations Code) with respect to foreign corporations if it is to transact business in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.