Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 200. Procedural Requisites in Action Brought in Right of Cooperative By Member or Shareholder.
previous: Section 195
. Voting Requirements of Articles.
next: Section 205
. Allowance of Costs to Plaintiff.
AS 10.15.200. Procedural Requisites in Action Brought in Right of Cooperative By Member or Shareholder.
- (a) An action may not be instituted or maintained in the right of a cooperative by a member or shareholder unless that
- (1) alleges in the complaint that the person was a member or shareholder of record when a part of the transaction of which
the person complains took place, or that membership or stock afterwards devolved on the person by operation of law from
a person who was a member or shareholder at that time;
- (2) alleges in the complaint with particularity efforts of the person to secure from the board the action desired, that
the person has either informed the cooperative or board in writing of the ultimate facts of each cause of action
against each director or that the person has delivered to the cooperative or board a copy of the complaint that the
person proposes to file, and states the reasons for failure of the person to obtain action or the reasons for not
making the effort;
- (3) files a complaint in the action within 20 days after notification given to the cooperative or board as provided by (2)
of this subsection.
- (b) The action may not be dismissed or compromised without the approval of the court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.