Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 15. Alaska Cooperative Corporation Act
- Section 140. Qualifications and Membership of Board of Directors.
previous: Section 135
. Quorum of Members.
next: Section 145
. Initial Board of Directors.
AS 10.15.140. Qualifications and Membership of Board of Directors.
- (a) The board of directors shall manage the business and affairs of a cooperative. Each director shall be a member or a
representative of a member who is not a natural person. Unless the bylaws otherwise provide, directors need not be
residents of this state. The bylaws may prescribe other qualifications for directors and may provide that directors be
from specified state districts.
- (b) The board of directors shall consist of at least three members. The number of directors shall be fixed or determined
by the bylaws, except that the number constituting the initial board shall be fixed by the articles.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.