Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 10. Business and Industrial Development Corporation Act
- Section 50. Authorization of Members.
previous: Section 40
. General Powers.
next: Section 60
. Admission to Membership.
AS 10.10.050. Authorization of Members.
- (a) Notwithstanding any rule at common law or provision of a general or special law or provision in their respective
charters, agreements of association, articles of organization, or trust indentures:
- (1) a natural person, domestic corporation, foreign corporation authorized to transact business in the state, insurance
company, or a financial institution which becomes a member of the corporation, may acquire, purchase, hold, sell,
assign, transfer, mortgage, pledge or otherwise dispose of shares of the capital stock of the corporation or bonds,
securities or other evidence of indebtedness created by the corporation; and while the owner of shares of capital stock
of the corporation may exercise all the rights, powers and privileges of ownership, all without the approval of any
regulatory authority of the state except as otherwise provided in this chapter; the amount of capital stock of the
corporation which may be acquired by a member may not exceed 10 percent of the loan limit of the member;
- (2) a financial institution may become a member of the corporation and make loans to the corporation as provided in this
- (b) The amount of capital stock of the corporation which a member may acquire under the authority granted in this section
is in addition to the amount of capital stock in corporations which the member may otherwise be authorized to acquire.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.