Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 655. Order Declaring Corporation Wound Up and Dissolved; Declarations; Effect; Additional Orders; Discharge of Directors.
previous: Section 653
. Claims Against Corporation; Court and Non-Court Directed Winding Up; Presentation; Notice; Payment; Secured Claims; Rejected Claims.
next: Section 658
. Filing of Decree of Dissolution.
AS 10.06.655. Order Declaring Corporation Wound Up and Dissolved; Declarations; Effect; Additional Orders; Discharge of Directors.
- (a) Upon the final settlement of the accounts of the directors or other persons appointed under AS 10.06.648
and the determination that the corporation's affairs are in a condition for it to be dissolved, the court shall make
an order declaring the corporation legally wound up and dissolved. The order shall declare that the
- (1) corporation has been legally wound up, that any tax or penalty due under AS 10.06.805
- 10.06.870 has been paid or secured and that the
other known debts and liabilities of the corporation have been paid or adequately provided for, or that taxes,
penalties, debts, and liabilities have been paid as far as its assets permit; if adequate provision has been made for
the payment of all known debts or liabilities, the order shall state what provision has been made, setting out the name
and address of the corporation, person, or governmental agency that has assumed or guaranteed the payment, or the name
and address of the depositary with which deposit has been made or other information as may be necessary to enable the
creditor or other person to whom payment is to be made to appear and claim payment of the debt or liability;
- (2) known assets of the corporation have been distributed to the persons entitled to the assets or that it acquired no
- (3) accounts of directors or other persons appointed under AS 10.06.648 have been settled and that they are discharged
from their duties and liabilities to creditors and shareholders;
- (4) corporation is dissolved.
- (b) The court may make additional orders and grant further relief as it considers proper upon the evidence submitted.
- (c) Upon the making of the order declaring the corporation dissolved, corporate existence ceases except for the purposes
of further winding up if needed. The directors or other persons appointed under AS 10.06.648 shall be discharged from their duties and
liabilities, except as needed to complete the winding up.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.