Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 643. Appointment of Receiver: Application, Hearing and Notice, Security, Qualifications, Powers, Compensation.
previous: Section 640
. Appointment of Provisional Director Upon Deadlock.
next: Section 645
. Decree For Winding Up and Dissolution: Further Judicial Relief.
AS 10.06.643. Appointment of Receiver: Application, Hearing and Notice, Security, Qualifications, Powers, Compensation.
- (a) If, at the time of the filing of a complaint for involuntary dissolution under AS 10.06.628
or at any time after the filing, the court has reasonable grounds to believe that unless a receiver of the corporation
is appointed the interests of the corporation and its shareholders will suffer pending the hearing and determination of
the complaint, upon the application of the plaintiff and after a hearing upon notice to the corporation as the court
may direct, the court may appoint a receiver to take over and manage the business and affairs of the corporation and to
preserve its property pending the hearing and determination of the complaint for dissolution.
- (b) A receiver shall be a citizen of the United States or a corporation authorized to act as receiver. A corporate
receiver may be a domestic corporation or a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in the state. A
receiver shall give bond and provide sureties as the court may require.
- (c) The compensation of the receiver shall be paid out of the assets of the corporation and unless otherwise agreed shall
be fixed by the court.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.