Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 615. Commencement and Conduct of Voluntary Proceedings For Winding Up; Cessation of Business; Notice.
previous: Section 613
. Effective Date of Revocation and Effect of Revocation.
next: Section 618
. Judicial Supervision of Winding Up; Petition and Notice; Order Protecting Shareholders and Creditors.
AS 10.06.615. Commencement and Conduct of Voluntary Proceedings For Winding Up; Cessation of Business; Notice.
- (a) Voluntary proceedings for winding up the corporation commence upon the resolution of shareholders or directors of the
corporation electing to wind up and dissolve, or upon the filing with the corporation of a written consent of the
- (b) If a voluntary proceeding for winding up has commenced, the board shall continue to act as a board and has powers as
provided in (c) of this section to wind up and settle its affairs, both before and after the filing of the certificate
- (c) If a voluntary proceeding for winding up has commenced, the corporation shall cease to carry on business except to the
extent necessary for the beneficial winding up of its business and except during the period the board considers
necessary to preserve the corporation's goodwill or going-concern value pending a sale of its business or assets, in
whole or in part. The board shall give written notice of the commencement of the proceeding for voluntary winding up by
mail to all shareholders and all known creditors and claimants whose addresses appear on the records of the
corporation. It is unnecessary to give notice to shareholders who voted in favor of winding up and dissolving the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.