Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 522. Amendment of Articles of Incorporation in Reorganization Proceedings.
previous: Section 520
. Effect of Issuance of Restated Certificate of Incorporation.
next: Section 524
. Filing of Amendment of Articles in Reorganization Proceedings.
AS 10.06.522. Amendment of Articles of Incorporation in Reorganization Proceedings.
- (a) If a plan of reorganization of a corporation has been confirmed by decree or order of a court in proceedings for the
reorganization of the corporation under an applicable statute of the United States relating to reorganization of
corporations, the articles of the corporation may be amended as necessary in the manner provided in (c) of this
section, in order to carry out the plan and put it into effect, only if the articles as amended contain provisions that
might be lawfully contained in original articles at the time of the making of the amendment.
- (b) In particular, and without limitation upon the general power of amendment, the articles of incorporation may be
- (1) change the corporate name, period of duration, or corporate purposes of the corporation;
- (2) repeal, alter, or amend the bylaws of the corporation;
- (3) change the aggregate number of shares or shares of a class that the corporation has authority to issue;
- (4) change the preferences, limitation, and relative rights of all or part of the shares of the corporation, and classify,
reclassify, or cancel all or part of the shares, whether issued or unissued;
- (5) authorize the issuance of bonds, debentures, or other obligations of the corporation, whether or not convertible into
shares of a class or bearing warrants or other evidences of optional rights to purchase or subscribe for shares of a
class, and fix the terms and conditions of the bonds, debentures, or other obligations; and
- (6) constitute or reconstitute and classify or reclassify the board of the corporation, and appoint directors and officers
in place of or in addition to all or any of the directors or officers then in office.
- (c) Articles of amendment approved by decree or order of a court shall be executed by the person or persons the court
designates or appoints for the purpose and must set out the name of the corporation, the amendments of the articles
approved by the court, the date of the decree or order approving the articles of amendment, the title of the
proceedings in which the decree or order was entered, and a statement that the decree or order was entered by a court
having jurisdiction of the proceedings for the reorganization of the corporation under an applicable statute of the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.