Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 514. Effective Date and Effect of Amendment.
previous: Section 512
. Filing of Articles of Amendment.
next: Section 516
. Restated Articles of Incorporation.
AS 10.06.514. Effective Date and Effect of Amendment.
- (a) An amendment is effective upon the issuance of a certificate of amendment by the commissioner, or on a later date, not
more than 30 days after the filing of the certificate with the commissioner, as provided in the articles of amendment.
- (b) An amendment may not affect an existing cause of action in favor of or against the corporation, or a pending suit to
which the corporation is a party, or the existing rights of persons other than shareholders. If the corporate name is
changed by amendment, a suit brought by or against the corporation under its former name does not abate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.