Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 506. Class Voting On Amendments.
previous: Section 504
. Procedure to Amend Articles of Incorporation; Application to Certain Elections.
next: Section 508
. Greater Voting Requirements.
AS 10.06.506. Class Voting On Amendments.
- (a) The holders of the outstanding shares of a class may vote as a class upon a proposed amendment, whether or not the
holders are entitled to vote on the amendment by the provisions of the articles of incorporation, if the amendment
- (1) increases or decreases the aggregate number of authorized shares of the class;
- (2) exchanges, reclassifies, or cancels all or part of the shares of the class;
- (3) exchanges or creates a right of exchange of all or part of the shares of another class into the shares of the class;
- (4) changes the designations, preferences, limitations, or relative rights of the shares of the class;
- (5) changes the shares of the class into the same or a different number of shares of the same class or another class;
- (6) creates a new class of shares having rights and preferences prior and superior to the shares of the class, or
increases the rights and preferences or the number of authorized shares of a class having rights and preferences prior
or superior to the shares of the class;
- (7) divides the shares of a preferred or special class into series and fixes and determines the designation of the series
and the variations in the relative rights and preferences between the shares of the series or authorizes the board to
- (8) limits or denies the existing preemptive rights of the shares of the class;
- (9) cancels or otherwise affects dividends on the shares of the class that are accrued but not declared.
- (b) If the holders of the outstanding shares of a class are entitled to vote as a class under (a) of this section, the
amendment is not approved unless it receives a majority vote of the outstanding shares of that class and approval of
the outstanding shares.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.