Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 453. Number, Election, and Tenure of Directors; Initial Directors.
previous: Section 450
. Board of Directors; Duty of Care; Right of Inspection; Failure to Dissent.
next: Section 455
. Classification of Directors.
AS 10.06.453. Number, Election, and Tenure of Directors; Initial Directors.
- (a) The board of directors shall consist of one or more members. The number of directors shall be fixed by, or in the
manner provided in, the bylaws, unless the articles fix the number of directors, in which case a change in the number
of directors shall be made only by amendment of the articles. If the number of directors is not otherwise set, the
number of directors is three.
- (b) Except as otherwise provided in AS 10.06.230
and this section, the number of directors may be increased or decreased by amendment of the articles or the bylaws or
by action of the board or the shareholders under the specific provisions of an article or a bylaw adopted by approval
of the outstanding shares. A change in the number of directors, including by amendment of the articles, is subject to
the following limitations:
- (1) if the board is authorized by the articles or the bylaws to change the number of directors, whether by amending the
bylaws or by taking action under the specific provision of an article or a bylaw adopted by approval of the outstanding
shares, the amendment or action shall require the vote of a majority of the entire board;
- (2) a decrease in the number of directors may not shorten the term of an incumbent director.
- (c) The articles may provide for the election of one or more directors by the holders of the shares of a class or series
voting as a class or series.
- (d) The names and addresses of the members of the first board may be stated in the articles. The members of the first
board hold office until the first annual meeting of shareholders, and until their successors have been elected and
- (e) At the first annual meeting of shareholders and at each subsequent annual meeting the shareholders shall elect
directors to hold office until the next succeeding annual meeting, except in the case of the classification of
directors as permitted by AS 10.06.455
. A director, including a director elected to fill a vacancy, shall hold office until the expiration of the term for
which elected and until a successor has been elected and qualified.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.