Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 10. Corporations and Associations
- Chapter 6. Alaska Corporations Code
- Section 405. Meetings of Shareholders.
previous: Section 390
. Capitalization of Retained Earnings.
next: Section 408
. Closing of Transfer Books and Fixing Record Date.
AS 10.06.405. Meetings of Shareholders.
- (a) Meetings of shareholders shall be held at a place inside or outside this state as provided in the bylaws. In the
absence of a provision in the bylaws, meetings shall be held at the registered office of the corporation.
- (b) An annual meeting of the shareholders shall be held at the time as provided in the bylaws. If the annual meeting is
not held within any 13-month period, the superior court may on the application of a shareholder summarily order a
meeting to be held.
- (c) Special meetings of the shareholders may be called by the board, the chairman of the board, the president, the holders
of not less than one-tenth of all the shares entitled to vote at the meeting, or other persons as may be authorized in
the articles of incorporation or the bylaws.
- (d) The failure of a corporation to hold an annual meeting at the time stated in or fixed under its bylaws does not cause
the corporation to forfeit its status, does not cause a dissolution of the corporation, and does not affect the
validity of corporate action.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.