Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 68. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 40. Parties Exempt From Giving Bond.
previous: Section 30
. Corporate Sureties.
next: Section 50
. Civil Liability For Malicious Claim Against State Permitted Project.
AS 09.68.040. Parties Exempt From Giving Bond.
- (a) In an action or proceeding in a court in which the state or a municipality is a party or in which the state or a
municipality is interested, a bond or undertaking is not required of the state, a municipality, or an officer of the
state or municipality.
- (b) A bond for costs on appeal need not be filed by a party to an action if a court finds that party to be indigent and
the appeal not frivolous; this finding may be made upon an affidavit filed by that party showing that the party is
unable to pay for a bond and further stating the grounds for the appeal and the belief that the party is entitled to
- (c) A court in this state may not excuse a litigant requesting the entry of a stay or other interlocutory relief from
posting a bond or other security to protect the persons who will be adversely affected if the excuse is based on the
nature of the policy or interest advocated by the party, the number of persons affected by the outcome of the case,
whether a governmental entity could be expected to bring or participate in the case, the extent of the party's economic
incentive to bring the case, or any combination of these factors.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.