Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 295. Liability Involving a Peace Officer or Fire Fighter.
previous: Section 292
. Parental Waiver of Child's Negligence Claim Against Provider of Sports or Recreational Activity.
next: Section 300
. Immunity For Providing Free Health Care Services.
AS 09.65.295. Liability Involving a Peace Officer or Fire Fighter.
- (a) A peace officer or fire fighter injured while in the line of duty or the personal representative of a peace officer or
fire fighter who died in the line of duty may not bring a civil action to recover damages for a negligent act or
omission if the negligent act or omission created the need for the activity being performed by the peace officer or
- (b) This section does not apply to a negligent act or omission that is unrelated to the activity that created the need for
the presence of the peace officer or fire fighter.
- (c) In this section, "fire fighter" means a person employed by a municipal fire department or who is a member of a
volunteer fire department registered with the state fire marshal, or a person registered for purposes of workers'
compensation with the state fire marshal as a member of a volunteer fire department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.