Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 180. Civil Liability of Zoos.
previous: Section 170
. Limited Liability of Certain Directors and Officers.
next: Section 200
. Tort Immunity For Personal Injuries or Death Occurring On Unimproved Land.
AS 09.65.180. Civil Liability of Zoos.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a person who owns or operates a zoo is strictly liable for injury to a
person or property if the injury is caused by an animal owned by or in the custody of the zoo.
- (b) A person who owns or operates a zoo is not strictly liable as provided in (a) of this section if
- (1) the animal that caused the injury was within the animal's normal place of confinement at the time the injury occurred;
- (2) the zoo owner or operator had posted signs at prominent places within the zoo, including at each entrance, warning
that the liability of the zoo for injuries caused by animals within their normal place of confinement is limited by
- (3) the enclosure within which the animal was confined at the time of the injury was constructed and maintained in a
manner that prevents a person who exercises ordinary care customary for a person of similar age, intelligence, and
experience from contacting the animal or entering the enclosure.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.