Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 65. Actions, Immunities, Defenses, and Duties
- Section 112. Civil Liability For Aircraft and Watercraft Guest Passengers.
previous: Section 110
. - 09.65.120. [Renumbered as AS 09.68.110
next: Section 130
. [Renumbered as AS 25.24.310
AS 09.65.112. Civil Liability For Aircraft and Watercraft Guest Passengers.
- (a) An owner or operator of an aircraft or watercraft is not liable for the civil damages of a person being transported in
the owner's or operator's aircraft or watercraft if the aircraft or watercraft is not being used for commercial
- (b) This section does not apply to a civil action
- (1) for damages resulting from
- (A) gross negligence or reckless or intentional misconduct;
- (B) an act or omission of an owner or operator of an aircraft or watercraft if the aircraft or watercraft is being
operated as a common carrier; or
- (C) an act or omission of an owner or operator of an aircraft or watercraft that occurs while demonstrating an aircraft or
watercraft to a prospective buyer; or
- (2) described under (a) of this section if the owner or operator
- (A) has insurance that would compensate the claimant for civil damages awarded against the owner or operator; an owner or
operator who is insured as described in this subparagraph is not liable for civil damages described in (a) of this
section that exceed the applicable insurance; or
- (B) does not have insurance that would compensate a person being transported as described under (a) of this section for
civil damages awarded against the owner or operator and, before the person being transported enters the aircraft or
watercraft, the owner or operator fails to provide notice to the person being transported that the owner or operator is
uninsured as described in this subparagraph.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.