Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 43. Arbitration
- Section 370. Consolidation of Separate Arbitration Proceedings.
previous: Section 360
. Initiation of Arbitration.
next: Section 380
. Appointment of Arbitrator; Service as a Neutral Arbitrator.
AS 09.43.370. Consolidation of Separate Arbitration Proceedings.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (c) of this section, upon application of a party to an agreement to arbitrate or
arbitration proceeding, the court may order consolidation of separate arbitration proceedings as to all or some of the
- (1) there are separate agreements to arbitrate or separate arbitration proceedings between the same persons or one of them
is a party to a separate agreement to arbitrate or a separate arbitration proceeding with a third person;
- (2) the claims subject to the agreements to arbitrate arise in substantial part from the same transaction or series of
- (3) the existence of a common issue of law or fact creates the possibility of conflicting decisions in the separate
arbitration proceedings; and
- (4) prejudice resulting from a failure to consolidate is not outweighed by the risk of undue delay or prejudice to the
rights of or hardship to parties opposing consolidation.
- (b) The court may order consolidation of separate arbitration proceedings as to some claims and allow other claims to be
resolved in separate arbitration proceedings.
- (c) The court may not order consolidation of the claims of a party to an agreement to arbitrate if the agreement prohibits
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.