Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 38. Alaska Exemptions Act
- Section 115. Adjustment of Dollar Amounts.
previous: Section 110
. Federal Requirements.
next: Section 120
. Protection of Property of Residents and Nonresidents.
AS 09.38.115. Adjustment of Dollar Amounts.
- (a) The dollar amounts in this chapter change, as provided in this section, according to and to the extent of changes in
the Consumer Price Index for all urban consumers for the Anchorage Metropolitan Area compiled by the Bureau of Labor
Statistics, United States Department of Labor (the index). The index for January of 1982 is the reference base index.
- (b) The dollar amounts change on October 1 of each even-numbered year if the percentage of change, calculated to the
nearest whole percentage point, between the index for January of that year and the most recent index used to change the
exemption amount, is 10 percent or more, but
- (1) the portion of the percentage change in the index in excess of a multiple of 10 percent is disregarded and the dollar
amounts change only in multiples of 10 percent of the amounts appearing in this chapter on August 26, 1982; and
- (2) the dollar amounts do not change if the amounts required by this section are those currently in effect as a result of
earlier application of this section.
- (c) If the index is revised, the percentage of change is calculated on the basis of the revised index. If a revision of
the index changes the reference base index, a revised reference base index is determined by multiplying the reference
base index applicable by the rebasing factor furnished by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. If the index is
superseded, the index referred to in this section is the one represented by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as
reflecting most accurately changes in the purchasing power of the dollar for Alaskan consumers.
- (d) The Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall adopt a regulation announcing
- (1) on or before June 30 of each year in which dollar amounts are to change, the changes in dollar amounts required by (b)
of this section; and
- (2) promptly after the changes occur, changes in the index required by (c) of this section, including, if applicable, the
numerical equivalent of the reference base index under a revised reference base index and the designation or title of
any index superseding the index.
- (e) The Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall also provide notification of a change in exemption amounts
required under (c) of this section to the clerks of court in each judicial district of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.