Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 38. Alaska Exemptions Act
- Section 85. Contents of Notice; Forms.
previous: Section 80
. Procedures Applicable to a Levy On Property of An Individual.
next: Section 90
. Assertion of Rights By Another.
AS 09.38.085. Contents of Notice; Forms.
- (a) The notice required by AS 09.38.075
(b) and 09.38.080(c) must include the following
- (1) the amount and date of the judgment to be enforced by levy and sale or other mode of appropriating the individual's
- (2) the name and address of the clerk of the court with whom objections must be filed;
- (3) the name and address of the creditor and of the creditor's attorney, if any;
- (4) a copy of the affidavit filed under AS 09.38.080
- (5) a summary statement in lay terminology of the exemptions provided by the laws of this state;
- (6) a summary statement in lay terminology of the procedures for claiming exemptions, objecting to a levy on exempt
property, changing venue, and exercising the right to repurchase homestead property from a sale before its
- (7) a statement in lay terminology of the rights of persons other than the individual as provided in AS 09.38.090
- (b) The supreme court may prescribe forms to be used by creditors, debtors, and court officers under this chapter.
- (c) A notice substantially complying with this section is effective even though the notice contains errors if those errors
do not result in substantial prejudice to the rights of the individual debtor or of the dependents of the individual
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.