Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 35. Execution
- Section 270. Procedure For Redemption.
previous: Section 260
. Conveyance of Property.
next: Section 280
. Priority of Redemption.
AS 09.35.270. Procedure For Redemption.
- (a) Redemption is made by paying the sum required to the peace officer. Upon a redemption, the peace officer shall give
the person redeeming a certificate of redemption containing the sum paid on redemption, from whom redeemed, and the
date of such redemption, and the peace officer shall immediately give notice of the redemption to the party from whom
- (b) A judgment debtor or redemptioner shall submit to the peace officer
- (1) a copy of the judgment under which the right to redeem is claimed, certified by the clerk of the court; or, if the
redemption is upon a mortgage, the certificate of the record of the mortgage;
- (2) a copy of any assignment necessary to establish the claim, verified by the affidavit of the claimant or an agent;
- (3) an affidavit by the claimant or an agent showing the amount then actually due on the judgment or mortgage.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.