Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 9. Code of Civil Procedure
- Chapter 30. Judgments
- Section 210. Notice of Filing.
previous: Section 200
. Filing and Status of Foreign Judgments.
next: Section 220
AS 09.30.210. Notice of Filing.
- (a) At the time of the filing of the foreign judgment, the judgment creditor or the judgment creditor's lawyer shall make
and file with the clerk of court an affidavit setting out the name and last known post office address of the judgment
debtor, and the judgment creditor.
- (b) Promptly upon the filing of the foreign judgment and the affidavit, the clerk shall mail notice of the filing of the
foreign judgment to the judgment debtor at the address given and shall make a note of the mailing in the docket. The
notice must include the name and post office address of the judgment creditor and the judgment creditor's lawyer, if
any, in this state. In addition, the judgment creditor may mail a notice of the filing of the judgment to the judgment
debtor and may file proof of mailing with the clerk. Lack of mailing notice of filing by the clerk may not affect
the enforcement proceedings if proof of mailing by the judgment creditor has been filed.
- (c) No execution or other process for enforcement of a foreign judgment filed under AS 09.30.200
- 09.30.270 shall issue until 20 days after the date
the judgment is filed.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.