Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 98. Veterinarians
- Section 250. Definitions.
previous: Section 240
. Disciplinary Sanctions. [Repealed, Sec. 49 Ch 94 SLA 1987. For Current Law, See AS 08.01.075
next: Chapter 99
. Board of Welding Examiners
AS 08.98.250. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "accredited veterinary school" means a veterinary college or division of a university or college that offers the
degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, or its equivalent as determined by the board, and conforms to the standards
required for accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association;
- (2) "animal" means any animal other than a human being including mammals, birds, fish, and reptiles, wild or domestic,
living or dead;
- (3) "board" means the Board of Veterinary Examiners;
- (4) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (5) "practice of veterinary medicine"
- (A) means for compensation to
- (i) diagnose, treat, correct, change, relieve, or prevent animal disease, deformity, defect, injury, or other physical or
mental condition, including the prescription or administration of a drug, biologic apparatus, anesthetic, or other
therapeutic or diagnostic substance;
- (ii) use a manual or mechanical procedure for testing for pregnancy or correcting sterility or infertility; or
- (iii) render advice or recommendation with regard to any matter listed in (i) or (ii) of this subparagraph;
- (B) means to represent, directly or indirectly, publicly or privately, an ability or willingness to do any act in (A) of
this paragraph for compensation;
- (C) means to use a description, title, abbreviation, or letters in a manner or under circumstances tending to induce the
belief that the person using it or them is qualified or licensed to do any act in (A) of this paragraph whether or not
- (D) does not include, whether or not for compensation,
- (i) practices related to artificial insemination and the use of a title, abbreviation, or letters in a manner which
induces the belief that the person using them is qualified to perform artificial insemination;
- (ii) the practices of a farrier done in the performance of the farrier's profession;
- (iii) standard practices commonly performed on farm or domestic animals in the course of routine farming or animal
husbandry, when performed by an owner or the owner's employee unless ownership of the animal is transferred for the
purpose of avoiding application of this chapter or the primary purpose of hiring the employee is to avoid application
of this chapter;
- (6) "veterinary technician" means a person who performs functions delegated by a veterinarian licensed under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.