Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 88. Real Estate Brokers and Other Licensees
- Section 620. Duties Owed By Licensee Representing a Person.
previous: Section 615
. Duties Owed By Licensee in All Licensee Relationships.
next: Section 625
. Waiver of Duties.
AS 08.88.620. Duties Owed By Licensee Representing a Person.
Unless additional duties are agreed to in a written document signed by the person represented by the licensee, a real
estate licensee who represents the person owes the person the following duties in addition to the other duties imposed
by AS 08.88.615
- (1) not taking action that the licensee knows is adverse or detrimental to the interest of the represented person in a
real estate transaction;
- (2) disclosure of a conflict of interest to the represented person in a timely manner;
- (3) advising the represented person to obtain expert advice on a matter that relates to the real estate transaction that
is beyond the licensee's expertise;
- (4) not disclosing confidential information from or about the represented person without written consent, except under a
subpoena or another court order, even after termination of the licensee's relationship with the represented person;
- (5) if the represented person is a seller or a lessor, unless otherwise agreed to in writing, making a good faith and
continuous effort to find a buyer or lessee for the real estate of the seller or lessor, except that a licensee is not
required to seek additional offers to buy or lease the real estate while the real estate is subject to an existing
contract for sale or lease; and
- (6) if the represented party is a buyer or a lessee, unless otherwise agreed to in writing, making a good faith and
continuous effort to find real estate for the buyer or lessee, except that a licensee is not obligated to
- (A) seek additional real estate to buy or lease for the buyer or lessee while the buyer or lessee is a party to an
existing contract to buy or lease real estate; or
- (B) show to the buyer or lessee real estate for which there is not a written agreement to pay compensation to the
All content © 2024 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2022. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.