Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 88. Real Estate Brokers and Other Licensees
- Section 472. Fund Operations; Charges Against Fund.
previous: Section 470
. Findings and Payment.
next: Section 474
. Payment of Small Claims Judgment.
AS 08.88.472. Fund Operations; Charges Against Fund.
- (a) The commission may charge to the real estate surety fund hearing and legal expenses related to fund operations and
claims. The commission shall deposit into the real estate surety fund amounts recovered for these expenses from the
licensee under AS 08.88.071
(b) or from other parties under AS 08.88.490
- (b) An amount charged to the fund by the commission for costs under (a) of this section may not be considered in
determining the maximum reimbursement to be awarded under AS 08.88.470
or in determining the maximum liability of the real estate surety fund under AS 08.88.475
- (c) The commission may contract under AS 36.30 (State Procurement
Code) with a person for the person to perform legal services for the commission with regard to a claim against the real
estate surety fund. The contract may cover one or more claims.
- (d) If the salary of an employee is entirely or partially paid for from money in the real estate surety fund, the employee
may perform administrative duties for the commission in addition to any duties the employee performs that are related
to the real estate surety fund. AS 08.88.910 does not
apply to this subsection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.