Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 88. Real Estate Brokers and Other Licensees
- Section 167. Civil Penalty For Unlicensed or Unauthorized Practice.
previous: Section 165
. Conduct of Auctions.
next: Section 170
. [Repealed, Sec. 3 Ch 95 SLA 1964].
AS 08.88.167. Civil Penalty For Unlicensed or Unauthorized Practice.
- (a) In addition to penalties prescribed by any other provision of law, if a person engages or offers to engage in an
activity for which a license is required under AS 08.88.161
without being licensed or authorized to engage in the activity in accordance with the provisions of this chapter, the
commission may enter an order levying a civil penalty.
- (b) A civil penalty levied under this section may not exceed $5,000, or the amount of gain realized plus $5,000, whichever
is greater, for each offense. In levying a civil penalty, the commission shall set the amount of the penalty imposed
under this section after taking into account the seriousness of the violation, the economic benefit resulting from the
violation, the history of violations, and other facts the commission considers relevant.
- (c) Before entering an order under (a) of this section, the commission shall send the person written notice of the
proposed order that grants the person a 30-day period during which the person may request a hearing on the record.
- (d) In connection with proceedings under (a) - (c) of this section, the commission may issue subpoenas to compel the
attendance and testimony of witnesses and the disclosure of evidence and may request the department to bring an action
to enforce a subpoena.
- (e) A person aggrieved by the levy of a civil penalty under this section may file an appeal with the superior court for
judicial review of the penalty under AS 44.62.560
- (f) If a person fails to pay a civil penalty within 30 days after entry of an order under (a) of this section, or within
10 days after the court enters a final judgment in favor of the commission of an order stayed pending an appeal under
(e) of this section, the commission may initiate other action to recover the amount of the penalty.
- (g) An action to enforce an order under this section may be combined with an action for an injunction under AS 08.88.037
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.