Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 87. Real Estate Appraisers
- Section 200. Prohibited Practices.
previous: Section 120
. Continuing Education Requirements For Renewal of Certificate.
next: Section 210
. Disciplinary Proceedings.
AS 08.87.200. Prohibited Practices.
A certified real estate appraiser may not
- (1) act negligently or incompetently or fail without good cause to exercise reasonable diligence in developing an
appraisal, preparing an appraisal report, or communicating an appraisal;
- (2) wilfully disregard or violate a provision of this chapter or of a regulation adopted by the board under this chapter;
- (3) fail to comply with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice adopted by the Appraisal Standards Board
of the Appraisal Foundation;
- (4) accept a fee for an appraisal assignment that is contingent upon the appraiser reporting a predetermined estimate,
analysis, or opinion or upon the opinion, conclusion, or valuation reached, or upon the consequences resulting from the
- (5) knowingly make a false statement, submit false information, or fail to provide complete information in response to a
question in an application for certification or for renewal of a certificate; or
- (6) violate the confidential nature of government records to which the person gains access through retention as an
appraiser by the government agency.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.