Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 87. Real Estate Appraisers
- Section 100. Certificate Required.
previous: Section 20
. Powers and Duties of Board.
next: Section 110
. General, Residential, and Institutional Real Estate Appraiser Certificates.
AS 08.87.100. Certificate Required.
A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor who
- (1) does not hold a certificate issued by the board, whose certificate is suspended or revoked, or whose certificate has
lapsed or terminated, and holds out as a certified real estate appraiser in any way, orally or in writing, directly or
- (2) is certified as a residential real estate appraiser and holds out as certified to appraise real estate other than
- (A) residential real property of four or fewer units; or
- (B) residential real property of 12 or fewer units when a net income capitalization analysis is not required by the terms
of the appraisal assignment and a secondary mortgage market form is used; or
- (3) is certified as an institutional real estate appraiser and
- (A) holds out as certified to appraise real estate other than
- (i) residential real property of four or fewer units having a transaction value of less than $1,000,000; or
- (ii) commercial property having a transaction value of less than $250,000;
- (B) holds out as performing real estate appraisal services for a fee or for the public at large;
- (C) accepts a fee for real estate appraisal services other than for services conducted as a full-time employee of a
financial institution with offices in the state and other than a salary received as a full-time employee of the
financial institution; or
- (D) performs a real estate appraisal for other than the portfolio of the financial institution for which the person is
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.