Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 86. Psychologists and Psychological Associates
- Section 162. Qualifications For Associates' Examination.
previous: Section 160
. Licensing Requirements.
next: Section 164
. Scope of Practice By Associate.
AS 08.86.162. Qualifications For Associates' Examination.
A person is entitled to take a psychological associate examination if the board finds that the person:
- (1) has not engaged in dishonorable conduct related to the practice of counseling or psychometry;
- (2) holds a master's degree with primary emphasis on psychology from an academic institution whose program of graduate
study for a master's degree in psychology meets the criteria established by the board by regulation, with the
equivalent of at least 48 semester credit hours of graduate course work directly related to a specialized area of
psychology in which licensure is requested, including a practicum;
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 11 ch 51 SLA 1996].
- (4) has the recommendation of an immediate supervisor if a licensed psychologist, or two licensed psychologists who hold
doctoral degrees; and
- (5) has not within the preceding six months failed an examination given by the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.