Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 80. Pharmacists and Pharmacies
- Section 158. Registration of Pharmacies Located Outside of State.
previous: Section 157
. Licensing of Facilities.
next: Section 160
AS 08.80.158. Registration of Pharmacies Located Outside of State.
- (a) A pharmacy located outside of the state that regularly ships, mails, or delivers prescription drugs to consumers in
the state shall register with the board.
- (b) A pharmacy registering with the board under (a) of this section shall furnish to the board annually
- (1) the location, names, and titles of all principal corporate officers and of all pharmacists who are dispensing
prescription drugs to residents of the state;
- (2) a copy of a current valid license, permit, or registration to conduct operations in the jurisdiction in which it is
located, and a copy of the most recent report resulting from an inspection of the pharmacy by the regulatory or
licensing agency of the jurisdiction in which the pharmacy is located;
- (3) a sworn statement indicating that the pharmacy complies with all lawful directions and requests for information from
the regulatory or licensing authority of the jurisdiction in which the pharmacy is licensed; and
- (4) proof satisfactory to the board that the pharmacy maintains its records of prescription drugs dispensed to persons in
the state so that the records are readily retrievable from the records of other prescription drugs dispensed by the
- (c) A pharmacy subject to this section shall, during its regular hours of operation, provide a toll-free telephone service
to facilitate communication between persons in the state and a pharmacist at the pharmacy who has access to records
concerning the dispensing of prescription drugs to persons in the state. The toll-free number and the hours that the
service is available shall be disclosed on a label affixed to each container of drugs dispensed to persons in the
state. The telephone service shall be available at least 40 hours a week and at least six days a week.
- (d) The board may, after a hearing, deny, revoke, or suspend the registration of a pharmacy located outside of the state
and subject to this section if the pharmacy fails to comply with the requirements of this section, AS 17.20.080
- 17.20.135, or AS 17.30.020
- 17.30.080, or if the license, permit, or
registration of the pharmacy is denied, revoked, or suspended by the licensing or regulatory agency of the jurisdiction
in which the pharmacy is located.
- (e) A pharmacy located outside of the state that is subject to this section but is not registered with the board under
this section may not ship, mail, or deliver prescription drugs into the state and may not advertise its services in the
- (f) A pharmacy subject to this section shall appoint a registered agent in the state who is empowered to accept, on behalf
of the pharmacy, process, notice, and demand required or permitted by law to be served upon the pharmacy. If the
pharmacy fails to appoint an agent under this subsection, if the registered agent cannot with reasonable diligence be
found at the registered office, or if the registration of the pharmacy is suspended or revoked, the commissioner of
commerce, community, and economic development is an agent upon whom process, notice, or demand may be served. Service
is made upon the commissioner in the same manner as provided for corporations under AS 10.06.175
(b), except that for the purposes of AS 10.06.175
(b)(2)(A), the address shall be the last registered address of the pharmacy as shown by the records of the board.
- (g) The board shall by regulation define "regularly" for this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.