Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 70. Nursing Home Administrators
- Section 180. Definitions.
previous: Section 175
. Facilities Operated By Religious Organizations.
next: Section 190
. [Renumbered as AS 08.70.175
AS 08.70.180. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "department" means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
- (2) "license" means the certificate awarded by the department to a qualified person that entitles the person to be a
nursing home administrator in this state;
- (3) "licensee" means a person who has been granted a license to be a nursing home administrator in this state by the
- (4) "nursing home" means a facility which is operated in connection with a hospital or in which nursing care, intermediate
care, and medical services are prescribed by or performed under the general direction of persons licensed to practice
medicine or surgery within the state for the accommodation of convalescents or other persons who are not acutely ill
but who do require skilled or intermediate nursing care and related medical services; the term "nursing home" is
restricted to those facilities the purpose of which is to provide skilled or intermediate nursing care and related
medical services for a period of not less than 24 hours a day to individuals admitted because of illness, disease or
physical or mental infirmity;
- (5) "nursing home administrator" means a person who manages, supervises, or is in general charge of a nursing home, even
though the duties are shared with another person; a member of a board of directors of a nursing home is an
administrator only if the board member also serves in the administrative capacity defined in this paragraph.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.