Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 70. Nursing Home Administrators
- Section 50. Regulation By Department.
previous: Section 10
. - 08.70.040. Board of Nursing Home Administrators; Membership; Election of Officers; Meetings. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 91 SLA 1995].
next: Section 55
. Removal of Board Members. [Repealed, Sec. 12 Ch 91 SLA 1995].
AS 08.70.050. Regulation By Department.
- (a) The department shall
- (1) adopt standards for licensing nursing home administrators to ensure that licensees have knowledge and experience in
health care and institutional administration necessary for competent administrators, and update the standards when
- (2) examine, approve issuance of licenses to, and renewal of licenses of qualified persons;
- (3) establish procedures to ensure that licensees continue to uphold the department's standards; impose disciplinary
sanctions upon persons who fail to uphold the standards;
- (4) adopt criteria for educational programs for persons preparing for the licensing examination and for the continuing
education of licensees; review the educational programs available in the state and accredit the programs meeting the
adopt regulations ensuring that renewal of a license is contingent upon proof of continued competency by the licensee.
- (b) The department may adopt regulations necessary for the performance of its duties and to meet the requirements of Title
19 of the Social Security Act, the federal regulations adopted under it, and other federal requirements.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.