Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 65. Direct-Entry Midwives
- Section 10. Board Established.
previous: Chapter 65
. Direct-Entry Midwives
next: Section 20
AS 08.65.010. Board Established.
- (a) There is established the Board of Certified Direct-Entry Midwives.
- (b) The board consists of five members appointed by the governor subject to confirmation by the legislature in joint
session. Members serve for staggered terms of four years and, except as provided in AS 39.05.080(4), each member serves until a successor is
appointed and qualified. The board consists of two members who are certified in this state as direct-entry midwives,
one physician licensed by the State Medical Board in this state who has an obstetrical practice or has specialized
training in obstetrics, one certified nurse midwife licensed by the Board of Nursing in this state, and one public
- (c) The board shall elect a chair and a secretary from among its members to terms of one year.
- (d) A member may serve no more than two complete consecutive terms on the board.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.