Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 8. Business and Professions
- Chapter 54. Big Game Guides and Related Occupations
- Section 630. Assistant Guide License.
previous: Section 620
. Class-a Assistant Guide License.
next: Section 640
. Law Enforcement Officers and Game Biologists.
AS 08.54.630. Assistant Guide License.
- (a) A natural person is entitled to an assistant guide license if the person
- (1) is 18 years of age or older;
- (2) has legally hunted big game in the state during two calendar years;
- (3) possesses a first aid card issued by the Red Cross or a similar organization;
- (4) either
- (A) obtains a written recommendation from a registered guide-outfitter who intends to employ the person as an
assistant guide; or
- (B) provides evidence that the person passed an assistant guide training course approved by the board; and
- (5) applies for an assistant guide license on a form provided by the department and pays the license application fee and
the license fee.
- (b) An assistant guide
- (1) may not contract to guide or outfit a big game hunt;
- (2) shall be employed by a registered guide-outfitter and under the supervision of a registered guide-outfitter or class-A assistant guide
while the assistant guide is in the field on guided hunts; and
- (3) may not take charge of a camp or provide guide services unless the contracting registered guide-outfitter is in the field and
participating in the contracted hunt or a registered guide-outfitter or class-A assistant guide employed by the contracting guide
is physically present and supervising the hunt.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.